Vascular Biology Lab is a part of INTERBONE
The European Union (EU) and Marie Curie Program
"The interplay among bone cells, matrices and systems"
INTERBONE will coordinate research activities
between 5 institutions and 7 laboratories from all over the world
1. University of L'Aquila - Italy
2. Erasmus University - Netherlands
3. UNIGRANRIO University -Brazil
4. Columbia University - USA
5. AU-KBC Research Centre- India
Swaraj Sinha has been awarded NATURE PUBLISHING GROUP travel award 2010 for presentation at Endothelial Cell Phenotypes in Health and Disease Gordon Research Conference.
Ajit Muley awarded “Best poster award” at the Cancercon 2010 International Conference on Cancer Biology: Molecular Mechanisms and Novel Theraputics , February 18-20, 2010 IIT, Chennai, India.
Syamantak Majumder awarded “Best poster award” for his poster “Chick embryo partial ischemia model: a new approach to study ischemia ex vivo”, at the International Conference on Advances in Free Radical Research, Natural Products, Anti-oxidants and Radioprotectors in Health & 9th Annual Conference of Society for Free Radical Research- India (SFRR-India), 11-13 January, 2010, Hyderabad, India.
Ajit Muley has been awarded BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM FONDS travel fellowship award 2008
KP awarded as “Best
young investigator” at the Third Biennial Meeting
of the Society
for Free Radical Research -Asia (SFRR-Asia) , January
8-11, 2007 Lonavala, India.
Krishna Kolluru has been awarded WOOD
Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (IUBMB)
award 2007. He visited University of Western Australia during
the months of July-August 2007 to work on a project as a part of
the Fellowship programme.
VISITING STUDENT AWARD
Ajit Muley visited
School of Anatomy
and Human Biology, University of Western Australia
during the months of May-July
2009 to work on an anti-angiogenic protein.
1. Chatterjee, S. A cross talk between thalidomide and soluble guanylate cyclase leads to the inhibition of angiogenesis, March 8, National Institute of Health (NIH), Maryland, 2009.
2. Chatterjee, S. Thalidomide interferes with the activity of soluble guanylate cyclase to attenuate nitric oxide driven angiogenesis. Nitric Oxide Symposium, Patel Chest Institute, Delhi, Jan 12, 2009.
3. Reddy HB and Chatterjee S. Actin-dynamin-eNOS: The trio programs the permeability of endothelium under hypoxia. 1st Congress of Asia Pacific Mountain Sickness Society, New Delhi Nov 28-30, 2008.
4. Chatterjee, S. Mechanistic study of thalidomide implications in the inhibition of angiogenesis Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology (IHBT), Palampur. August 4, 2008.
5. Chatterjee, S. In vitro assessment of bioactivity of crude extracts & compound formulae in Ayurveda. Satellite Workshop on S & T to Support Traditional Pharmaceutics Foundation for Revitalisation of Local Health Traditions (FRLHT), Bangalore May 28, 2008.
6. Chatterjee, S. Defining vascular pattern with shear stress under ischemia: A nitric oxide saga. Winter Symposia CMC Vellore, Vellore January 10-12, 2008.
7. Chatterjee, S. No slip on the slope with NO: Beneficial interactions between endothelial cells and nitric oxide under low oxygen environment, Federation of Indian Physiological Societies (FIPS), New Delhi January 10-12, 2007.
8. Chatterjee, S. Nitric Oxide reverts Hypoxia-induced hyper-permeability of endothelial cells: Dissection of Nitric Oxide down stream signaling, National Conference of Association of Physiologists and Pharmacologists of India (APPICON-2006), Surat, 19-23 December 2006.
9. Chatterjee, S. Nitric Oxide mediated angiogenesis ensuing on Thalidomide treatment: Discussion of Nitric oxide down stream signaling in endothelial cells, Department of Clinical research, University of Bern, Switzerland, 17 November 2006.
10. Chatterjee, S. Cross-talk between endothelial and stellate cells in Cirrhotic liver: role of Nitric Oxide, RGCB, Trivandrum, 11 October 2006.
11. Chatterjee, S. Nitric Oxide Implications in High Altitude induced Pulmonary Edema, DIPAS, Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Delhi, 21 January 2006.
12. Chatterjee, S. (Jan 6,2006) A Cellular basis of Nitric Oxide Implications in High Altitude induced Pulmonary Edema, V Annual conference of Society for Free Radical Research in India (SFRR), Kolkata, 17-19 January 2006.
13. Chatterjee S. Time, Space and Nitric Oxide: The three dimensions of NOS (Invited Lecture) IV Annual conference of Society for Free Radical Research in India (SFRR), Bangalore, 10-12 January 2005.
1. Chatterjee S and Reddy Hima Bindu. Actin-Dynamin-eNOS: The trio programme permeability of endothelium under hypoxia.Actin dynamin interaction modulate subcellular localization of eNOS in endothelial cell under hypoxia. Oral presentation in the conference: First Congress of Asia-Pacific Society for Mountain Medicine (APSMM) 28-30 November 2008. Delhi
2. Reddy Hima Bindu and Chatterjee S. Actin dynamin interactions modulate sub-cellular localization of eNOS in endothelial cells under hypoxia. First Congress of Asia-Pacific Society for Mountain Medicine (APSMM) 28-30 November 2008. Delhi
3. S.Himabindu Reddy and Chatterjee, S. Actin dynamin interactions in endothelial cells modulates eNOS localization under hypoxia cells (poster presentation ) 77th Annual meeting of SBC, held at IIT Madras, Chennai from 18th to 20th December, 2008.
4. Swaraj Sinha and Chatterjee, S. : Nitric oxide: The Lord of the “endothelial” ring (poster presentation ) 77th Annual meeting of SBC, held at IIT Madras, Chennai from 18th to 20th December, 2008.
5. Ajit Muley, Arun M Dharmarajan and Chatterjee, S. :Wnts: New players in Redox biology of endothelial cells (poster presentation ) 77th Annual meeting of SBC, to be held at IIT Madras, Chennai from 18th to 20th December, 2008.
6. Gopi Krishna Kolluru and Chatterjee, S.: The role of Rho/ Rho-kinase signaling pathway in endothelial nitric oxide synthase patterning and angiogenesis under shear stress (poster presentation) 77th Annual meeting of SBC, held at IIT Madras, Chennai from 18th to 20th December, 2008.
7. Jamila H Siamwala and Chatterjee, S.: Simulated microgravity uses iNOS -cGMP -PKG pathway to promote nitric oxide supported angiogenesis in endothelial cells (poster presentation) 77th Annual meeting of SBC, held at IIT Madras, Chennai from 18th to 20th December, 2008.
8. Syamantak Majumder and Chatterjee, S. Thalidomide attenuates nitric oxide driven angiogenesis by interplaying with soluble guanylate cyclase (poster presentation ) 77th Annual meeting of SBC, held at IIT Madras, Chennai from 18th to 20th December, 2008.
9. S.Himabindu Reddy and Chatterjee, S. Actin dynamin interactions modulate subcellular localization of eNOS in endothelial cells under hypoxia (poster presentation)"Life and living in high mountains" 1st Congress of Asia Pacific Society of Mountain Medicine (APSMM)-Delhi 28-30 November -2008.
10. Sundaramoorthy, S.; Sree rama chaitanya, S.; Chatterjee, S. Nitric Oxide: The ringmaster. Society for Biotechnology Conference, Chennai October 17, 2008.
11. Muley A, and Chatterjee, S. Wnt: New players in Redox biology of endothelial cells. Gordon Research conference on Thiol Based Redox Regulation and Signaling. Il Ciocco Barga, Italy 25-30 May 2008.
12. Chatterjee S. Pericytes cross talk with endothelial cells: Nitric oxide reverses inhibitory effects of pericytes on endothelial cells. Gordon Conference Nitric Oxide 2007 Ventura, CA, February 4-9, 2007.
13. Gopi Krishna Kolluru and Chatterjee S. Nitric Oxide implicates in Cadmium induced endothelial dysfunctions: A basis for Cadmium mediated cardiovascular anomalies. Joint Annual Meeting of International Society of Heart Research (ISHR) and International Academy of Cardiovascular Sciences (IACS), Chennai, 12-14 January 2006.
14. S. Geetha Priya, K.P.Tamilarasan, Gopi Krishna Kolluru and Chatterjee S. Thalidomide interferes with nitric oxide signaling of angiogenesis. International symposium on translational research – Apoptosis and Cancer, Trivandrum, 18-21 December 2005.
* International Society of
Heart Research (ISHR)
1. 11th Plan Programme entitled “ Human performance under different operational environments” Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO).
2. Studying the effects of mToR inhibitor and Sunitinib on Hepatic Stellate Cells. Indo-Swiss.
3. Dissecting the molecular mechanism of endothelial nitric oxide synthase translocation (Department of Science and Technology (DST)).
4. Studying the mechanism of cadmium mediated suppression of nitric oxide production in endothelial cells: Implications in endothelial cell biology. (Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)).
5. Dissecting nitric oxide signaling pathways of hypoxia induced tissue remodeling in lungs (Life Science Research Board LSRB, Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO)).
6. Use of nitric oxide in reversing pathologic fibrogenesis in liver: A cell biology approach to cure liver cirrhosis (The Academy of Sciences for the Developing World – TWAS).